Rounding up twenty friends and co-workers can be like herding cats—er, dragons. That’s exactly why we created the Blue Dragons, teams formed by combining participants who have signed up as individuals, couples, small groups etc. This is a perfect opportunity to try the sport, with all necessary equipment included in your registration, as well as practice and a team coach.
Is your dragon boat half full or half empty? No matter your perspective, it’s all good with us! Register your partial dragon boat team here and we’ll help match you up with other partial teams and individual paddlers to complete your boat.
Start assembling your team of 21 today. The registration process is simple, and reserves your practice session, team boat, paddles, life vests, drum, and a coach/steerperson. No experience or equipment necessary!
Begin registering your team today! Click the button below.
If your internal corporate team, family reunion, or church group needs a fun team building alternative, there is no other comparison to working together in a 46-foot long dragon boat. Paddlers learn the art of synchronization, communication, and stamina – skills that can have a measurable positive impact off the water.
Speaking of dry land, when you’re not racing, you and your group will enjoy unmatched camaraderie in historic Blue Island, with some of the best scenery, food, drink, and people the south side has to offer.
– Better communication with honest, positive dialogue.
– In a dragon boat, it doesn’t matter who you are. The only thing that matters is you’re fulfilling your role and synchronizing with everyone else.
– Competition is healthy and gives purpose for trying harder.
– Using target goals to achieve maximum success.
– Focusing on a task that includes everyone counting on each other to bring their best effort.
– Building meaningful relationships.
– Improved energy level.
– Increased productivity.
“We had a blast! THANK YOU! We all enjoyed the event.” ~ Joel from Chicago Southland CVB.